We are a full service jewelry shop, with a team and network of Chicago's finest bench jewelers, jewelry artisans and craftsman. Please contact us at 312 624 9822 or send inquiries to email@example.com, and we will be happy to guide you through a jewelry solution or service.
Below is an overview and guideline for repair projects. Prices may vary depending on the project but below are some guidelines and information on the process. Most of our projects such as sizing, jewelry repairs come with a full service clean and stone check (tightening of the prongs) to ensure that each piece is in the best condition possible before leaving our workshop.
Custom ring wrap to create the illusion of a three stone bridal set.
- Sizing Down/Up
- Gold: Roughly 1/4th-1/2 size $45.00 | Roughly 1/2-1 size $65
- Platinum/Palladium: Roughly 1/4th-1/2 size $75.00 | Roughly 1/2-1 size $95
- Sizing Beads/Shots/Bridges
- Sizing beads, shots or bridges are the best solution to size a ring down, or prevent it from turning or twisting on the finger with the least amount of impact to the ring. The beads, shots, or bridges are a non permanent solution, and can be removed by a jeweler if needed with no visible impact to the ring.
- Gold: Small - roughly 1/4th size $65.00 | Medium - roughly 1/2 size $85 | Large - roughly 1 size $125.00
- Platinum: Small - roughly 1/4th size $95.00 | Medium - roughly 1/2 size $125 | Large - roughly 1 size $165.00.
Cleaning & Restoration Services
Please see below for the cleaning services we provide. The turnaround time for scheduling a cleaning typically takes about 5 business days, however please check with us if you need us to prioritize your project and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Basic Clean (45 minutes) - $20.00+ or Free (typically complimentary for products that we manufactured or sold).
- Includes ultrasonic clean, soft bristle brushing, and heated steam clean. If you purchased your ring through us, stop by any time (and as much as you'd like) and visit us for a complimentary clean and a hot cup of tea and cookies while we clean your jewelry!
- Intermediate Clean (8 hours) - $65.00+
- Includes ultrasonic clean, soft bristle brushing, and heated steam clean, metal polish and rhodium plating (if necessary).
- Recommended as a routine check-up or as needed. For engagement rings, recommended before wedding.
Back to Factory Restoration Clean (48 hours) - $125.00+
- Includes ultrasonic clean, soft bristle brushing, and heated steam clean, metal polish and rhodium plating (if necessary), and quality assurance routine. Prong checking, tightening and repair (which may include re-tipping). This is a complete overhaul of the ring to bring it back to factory condition/like new.
- Recommended for rings that are in poor condition or has been heavily used, or as a maintenance routine annually.
Rhodium plating, also known as "dipping" is a process that is applied to all white gold rings. Gold is a naturally, well, a gold/yellowish colored alloy, and it is mixed with different semi-precious to precious metals that are "white" in color to give it a whiter look, and then rhodium is applied to it after an extensive cleaning and polish. Rhodium can only be applied to a clean, polished and dry ring (absent or any dust or dirt particles) by the process of electro-plating. Prior to applying rhodium, a deep clean and polish is performed to take of any scratches and debris from the ring/jewelry. Depending on wear and tear, and how acidic your skin is, rhodium plating can be done on an as needed basis. Our clients may come in once a year, and some not for several years and some not at all.
Price varies by type, roughly $85.00 per carat. For example, a 1 ct center stone will be $85, and a 2 carat center stone will be $170.00.
Setting is complimentary for all diamonds/gems purchased through TCG.
We have various types of stones and sizes from black diamonds, to a variety of white diamonds, sapphires, emeralds and rubies. Please inquire for more information.
Price varies by type, roughly $65-150.00
Full documentation, retail value insurance appraisal.
Price: $85-$175.00 for standard items up to $35,000. Please inquire if the value is more than $35,000.
Create a new look out of old jewelry, or build on to a piece to fit like a puzzle! Inherited an heirloom ring and want to change the look? Upgrade a design or simply want to re-purpose an old piece? Call us for ideas! We specialize in 3D CAD-CAM (Computer Aided Drafting/Computer Aided Manufacturing) Designs. See some of our work here.
Price: Varies by Design
Pearl Re-Stringing & Deep Clean
Pearl re-stringing is a very unique process, and there are many ways to do it depending the the type of pearl (quality, size, etc) and the type of string and method.
We typically use a silk strand and double knot each pearl which allows for the most protection from falling apart and abrasion to ensure that it lasts a lifetime and beyond.
Price varies by type, roughly $65-150.00
Diamond & Gemstone Verification & Consultation (25 minutes) - $45.00
Diamond and Gemstone examination by GIA certified diamond specialist. Includes diamond laser verification, weight verification, plotting verification, measurements on the certificate or paperwork, as well as deep delve into the diamond quality for factors and characteristics not listed on the diamond certificate such as transparency (Milky Levels 0-4), color tinge (level of brown tint), and overall consult into fair pricing brackets for internet prices, fair retail value, sell back value and more!